Department of Defense (DOD)
Department of Defense (DOD)
Axiom Corporation has deep roots within the Department of Defense. Since its incorporation in 1988, Axiom has maintained a strong presence in numerous DOD commands, doing work across all branches of the military. Many Axiom Corporation staff members and subject matter experts are prior military, bringing a clear understanding of government processes, regulations and necessary rigor to the work they perform. Axiom’s President, CEO and owner, Mr. Roger House, is a retired officer from the U.S. Navy.
Some of Axiom Corporation’s DOD Past Performances are described below
Defense Health Agency (DHA) – Medical Logistics Command (MEDLOG), Medical Materiel Enterprise Standardization Offices (MMESO) – Frederick, MD, San Antonio, TX and San Diego, CA
- Provide support to the DHA MEDLOG Division located at Fort Detrick, MD and the five MMESO locations in meeting the objectives of the MMESO effort. Axiom provides MMESO support in standardizing medical material for all treatment facilities of the Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Support of enterprise-wide medical materiel standardization program to close the gap between institutional and operational standardization decisions, improve efficiency and effectiveness for both institutional and operational environments, improve joint commonality and interoperability, promote cost effective infrastructure and meet common and unique Service operating
- Support includes project management, strategic communications, data analysis, enterprise-level clinical analysis, metrics, and reports.
- Coordination involving internal and external stakeholders from a wide range of organizations, including Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) of the Army, Navy, Air Force, and other stakeholders such as the U.S. Coast Guard, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Public Health Service (PHS).
- Apply critical thinking skills to conduct comprehensive market research on medical supply items to include analysis of historical usage, clinical practices guidelines, and industry best practices to identify product attributes, features, and requirements for usage within the healthcare environment.
Navy Medical Logistics Command (NAVMEDLOGCOM) – Administrative Support Services (MedHome) – Pensacola, FL and Branch Navy Health Facilities
- Provide administrative staff to serve as front-line support in military health facilities at several locations.
- Includes Naval Hospital Pensacola and subordinate clinics in Millington, TN; Gulfport, MS; Pensacola, FL; Belle Chasse, LA; Milton, FL; Meridian, MS; and Panama City, FL.
- Responsibilities include administrative medical duties such as patient interaction, appointment scheduling, verifying eligibility in DEERS, updating patient information; managing records, etc.
Defense Health Agency, Medical Logistics Command (MEDLOG) – Logistics Support Services - Frederick, MD
- Provided a team of personnel to support and implement DHA MEDLOG programs, medical materiel support, and supply chain operations in the areas of assembly life cycle management (ALCM), acquisition planning, materiel management and standardization, strategy management, and data analysis.
- Facilitated implementation of Joint Services materiel medical logistics and materiel management initiatives to improve delivery of clinically appropriate medical supplies and equipment used across the full range of military operations.
- Included Technical Logisticians, Functional Logisticians, IT Specialists and Administrative Support.
- Supported the U.S. Navy Reserves Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP) in six Reserve Component Commands (RCCs) around the country. YRP provides informational events, activities, and other support for members of the reserve components and their families. YRP facilitates access to services supporting their health and well-being through the four stages of the deployment cycle, including Pre-Deployment, Deployment, Demobilization, and Post-Deployment-Reconstitution.
- Assisted in the planning and coordination of all YRP events (approximately 150 events per year) that occur throughout the stages of the deployment cycle, making improvement suggestions.
- Developed a working coalition between national, regional, state, and other resources to meet the needs of the service member and their families within their geographic area of responsibility. Examples of these programs are Military OneSource, OMBUDSMAN Program, Fleet and Family Support Centers, Employee Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Psychological Health Outreach Program, and Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Planned and collaborated with each of the 122 regional Navy Operating Support Centers (NOSC) and/or six RCCs to create draft event agendas and event cost estimates for event budgets.
U.S. Navy, Commander Navy Region Southeast - Training and Administrative Support Services for Readiness and Exercise Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Provided training and administrative support services to sustain training, readiness and exercise programs that support Navy commands at Naval Air Station (NAS) Kingsville, TX; NAS Meridian, MS; Naval Support Activity (NSA) Panama City, FL; NAS Whiting Field, FL; NSA Mid-South Millington, TN and NAS Joint Reserve Base New Orleans, LA
- Training included integrated and unit specific mission area requirements such as Anti-terrorism (Security), Emergency Preparedness (Emergency Management), Fire and Emergency Services, Air Operations, Port Operations, Command and Staff, Environmental, Fleet and Family Readiness, Facility Support, Safety and other mission areas as required.
- Maintained the installations’ mission readiness status, submitted monthly status reports, and maintained training accomplishments and documents within the Fleet Training Management and Planning System (FLTMPS).
- Coordinated all aspects of integrated training evolutions and managed the Installation Training Team (ITT) to include coordination; planning; scenarios development; organization; preparation; exercise control; evaluation and debriefing of full-scale exercises; and establishing training events involving community and other outside agencies in support of the respective installations.
Defense Health Agency, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) – Medical Staffing – Bethesda, MD
- Provided specialized medical staff as contract workers for WRNMMC.
- Included Pediatric Hematologist/Oncologist, Pediatric Endocrinologist and Pediatric Endoscopy Technician.
- Technical support for network security, Information Assurance (IA) and technology management and refresh
- Ensure medical devices added to the Air Force medical network are secure and compliant
- Development of multiple vendor DIACAP artifact documentation for verification and validation
- Conduct multiple vendors Security Testing and Evaluations (ST&E) and interpret results based on the Gold Disk Standard and Security Technical Information Guides (STIG)
- Update security documentation and assist in testing as it relates to DIACAP reaccreditations
- Participate in Air Force Platform Information Technology Working Group
- Provide logistic and supply chain management support analysis
- Includes development and measurement of metrics; logistics performance analysis and management; analysis of supply chain management, requirements, funding and financial requirements, forecasting and execution; problem item identification; root cause analysis; and development, implementation and monitoring of corrective action recommendations
- Provide capability to identify/eliminate unnecessary procedures, reduce waste, improve efficiency based on statistically valid analysis and provide critical surveillance for compliance
- Provide IT server administration and help desk services for personnel within the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) as well as a Flight Line Rehabilitation Center and other offices
- Includes Information Technology (IT) services, customer support administration, customer support to the customer to resolve hardware and software issues, multimedia/video teleconferencing support and daily operation
- Responsible for network operations, systems management, systems security, help desk support services and information assurance and protection
- Business process management operations and support
- Clinical business intelligence operations and support
- Requirements analysis and evaluation
- Systems analysis and program support
- Executive operations support
- Training support and knowledge management
- Provide support of all aspects of the Image Management Systems Section, PjM-ICS.
- Support all stages of system acquisition such as development, production, fielding and life cycle support for the Image Management Systems product line (PACS, teleradiology, and other medical image management capabilities).
- Includes program management support services, studies and analysis, performance based budgeting/financial management and information management.
- Also includes information management support services for Cardiology Image Management Systems.
- Support and assistance with knowledge transfer
- Perform requirements and architecture definition
- Provide system engineering, analysis and design, implementation, construction and testing and deployment of desktop enterprise solutions
- Perform systems administration and maintenance
- Provide third-level Helpdesk support
- Report, respond to and resolve customer requests pertaining to the Healthcare Simulation Center (HSC) training, equipment and scenarios
- Diagnose and resolve problems with personnel data input, course assignments and user errors by utilizing pertinent software and relevant Simulation equipment software
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all audio and visual needs of the HSC
- Provide support to evaluate course content; initiate, recommend and implement modifications as necessary
- Plan and present formal and informal user training in the effective utilization of the HSC resources
- Troubleshoot, repair and build training scenarios using LAERDAL and METI Simulation software and equipment
- Assisted in developing and maintaining support for Lean Six Sigma activities
- Provided feedback on deployment metrics and recommended appropriate corrective action, as necessary
- Project coaching and assisting with project sponsorship, project selection and executive awareness workshops
- Executed Lean Six Sigma business case templates and charter development
- Assisted in stakeholder management and information plans and events
- Provided leadership briefings, reports, tools and guides on Lean Six Sigma deployment
- Assisted with configuration, governance, issue, risk identification and resolution, quality control, and deployment program management processes and procedures
- Facilitated designation of process owners and project sponsors and their completion of Project Sponsor and Project Identification and Selection workshops
- Provided research and engineering support to assist in the development and testing of a system capable of defending the U.S.
- Modeling and simulation development; management for system acquisition application; verification, validation and accreditation
- Guided long-term strategic planning process and facilitated strategic planning sessions and goal development with senior leadership
- Developed and implemented communications plan for cascading strategic plan through organizational tiers
- Developed and implemented education and training plan for personnel in regions and Medical Treatment Facilities throughout the organization